View Single Post
Old April 21, 2010, 08:30 PM   #1
macruadhi

Intro and several questions

I just registered this morning, mostly be because I liked what I read, but now that I've had hours to think about it, I think I can learn a lot from you guys. That said, I'm a 34 y/o male nurse in Tn. I grew up around guns, love em, love to shoot them. Heck, some times I like to just lay them in my lap and stare longingly at them, .

Most of my shooting life I have concentrated mostly on hitting small targets from far away, with open sights. But now I want to train myself and my wife to protect ourselves in the event of burglarly or home envasion. In doing that, I realise the need to practise on "man sized targets" and the like, but how far away? And additionally I know that picking up the firearm and pointing it at a target and firing is not the same as being awakened in the middle of the night and groping around in the dark trying to find your gun and load it before your intruder gets you.

And, having a 4 year old in the house and not being able to afford one of those snazzy combination locked boxes that springs open, how would you store a loaded weapon that is not accessible to her?

Thanks

Page generated in 0.03573 seconds with 8 queries