View Single Post
Old August 6, 2009, 04:59 PM   #58
PDBreske

Quote:
What we are discussing is text ON THE IMAGE.
No, what I was discussing was any text, anywhere in the post. I thought I was clear on that. In fact, I'm sure I was very clear. Just in case:

I SUGGEST A RULE THAT PROHIBITS ANY AND ALL TEXT EITHER AS A SENTENCE NEXT TO THE ENTRY OR AS A PART OF THE ENTERED IMAGE.

This is the easiest of all rules to enforce and the least ambiguous. "Can I have a single line of text?" No. "Can I add text to my image?" No. "Can I describe the pictured gun?" No.

Any other rule that allows even a seemingly innocuous line of text leads to ambiguity and questions. Prohibiting all text makes it easy to keep everyone on a level playing field and I don't see how this can be argued. If you think your photo is enhanced by a descriptive line of text, than you have to agree that text somehow manages to skew the odds of winning in your favor. If you feel the text detracts from the image, you have to agree that allowing the text would subtract from your total vote count.

Why is this so hard to understand?

EDIT: I might add that photos don't lie. Anyone can make up a really cool backstory for a pictured gun and try to win favor with the voters by doing so, but a good photo is a good photo and deserves to stand on its own.

Last edited by PDBreske; August 6, 2009 at 05:05 PM.

Page generated in 0.03531 seconds with 8 queries