View Single Post
Old December 14, 2013, 09:35 AM   #15
barnbwt

Quote:
The 9mm barrel is ~ twice as strong.
Does RC hardness (a compressive test) actually relate directly to a metal's tensile yield point? (Whatever scale you used might, I know there's at least three of them). I know they're related, but I didn't think the actual hardness value X2 correlated to twice the tensile yield (or even compressive yield). What psi/kpa do those figures translate to for common carbon steel alloys (since I doubt the Czech's were using adamantium or cast iron )

The 9mm barrels are supposed to be jammers, but mine worked flawlessly after the first two rounds nose-dived (granted this was even with round ball). And be sure to keep an eye on the after-market barrel rollers; many of these were sub-standard --just like the original rollers-- and can go out of round and screw up the barrel and slide beyond fixing.

My 9mm barrel is strictly a fall-back for a time when tok becomes totally gone. Which I doubt will happen with all the subgun conversions still banging away out there, and because the round is legitimately fantastic (the world will re-learn this eventually)

Quote:
An FEG Hi Power clone can be had for under $250, and is an actually useful gun. Long military history.
Where might that be? I've only seen them for 350$ or higher recently (and I've been looking )

TCB

Page generated in 0.03222 seconds with 8 queries