Thread: .22LR vs .25ACP
View Single Post
Old January 17, 2013, 10:32 AM   #32
m_liebst

Doesn't seem too be much difference in penetration level. Nothing anyway that really puts one far ahead of the other.

They both still have similar penetration levels, and in my opinion- the soft lead .22lr bullets have more chances of tumbling/ deformation and fragmentation when shot in the human body.

To me thats more lethal than the thick copper jacket of the .25 acp that might make a slightly bigger hole- but more likely a straight hole/ and certainly won't deform or fragment.

There are many bones in the body that will stop/ deflect both .25acp and .22lr bullets at the 60 foot pound levels....However, if so- the .22lr will likely fragment or shatter upon impact with a dense bone, sending pieces in other directions. Wood isn't an accurate comparison to dense bone.

Think about how much more critical it would be for a surgeon to have to find where the bullet actually is in relation to angle of impact/ or if there are several pieces of the main projectile that have broken off and gone in other directions.

I've shot the .25acp- ...you literally have to be shooting at a boulder or steel plate to cause any deformation. This being solid point.

Last edited by m_liebst; January 17, 2013 at 09:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.03079 seconds with 8 queries