View Single Post
Old December 18, 2012, 03:18 PM   #9
BirchOrr

warbirdlover

Thanks for the kind words sir!

Yeah I've done a TON of testing. Spent a countless amount of money trying different things. Read countless reviews and ballistic testing results. Some of these results are simply not true. For a true test, the deck cannot be stacked!

Example: I just read ballistic results from an excellent bullet/sabot company testing their bullets against PowerBelt's. The barrel they tested with was a .50cal Knight Disc Extreme. This is not a fair test at all! Of course their bullets would group better as the Knight was not designed to shoot PowerBelts. If the test had been done using a CVA barrel, the results would have NOT been the same. In fact, most probably the opposite.

This is why I tried to stress in my last post to follow manufacturers instructions AT LEAST to start with.
Black Powder: Not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win...

Page generated in 0.03234 seconds with 8 queries