View Single Post
Old November 22, 2012, 01:58 PM   #6
RJay

Truth be known, the 1894 Nagant pistol was obsolete the day it was manufactured.I have one as a curiosity, I've fired it and ho hum. The sealing cylinder, for all if it's complexity only gives it less than a hundred FPS advantage. Sure you can shoot it but it is nothing to write home about. The Russians used it because it was a issue weapon and with any handgun it was used very little in combat. The Germans converted the TT to 9mm and used that and no doubt they used some captured Nagants. They used any serviceable weapon they could get there hands on. The Nagant was used very little by the Germans because the ammunition was not in their supply system and it could not be converted to another caliber. As with the T34s they captured ( and there were thousands of undamaged ones ) as soon as the captured ammo was used up, into the water they went. It can be worked on and the trigger pull be reduced to 15 pounds, put why go to the trouble.It is not a good combat weapon, nor carry weapon nor anything else other than a curiosity . That is just my opinion and I'm sure there are those who think the 94 Nagant is the pinnacle of gun engineering. It is not even a Russian design, but Belgium.

Last edited by RJay; November 22, 2012 at 02:05 PM.

Page generated in 0.03317 seconds with 8 queries