View Single Post
Old December 2, 2000, 12:44 AM   #15
Field-dressed

Henry
1) I am not a fish cop, I'm a game biologist.
2) We do not spend millions a year. My total, annual budget for 10,120 square miles and 5 big game species is $55,000. 24 other area offices in the state are in a similar situation. I work for the state. Check out the feds to see who spends millions.
3) What's to study? I said in the first post what this project is for. Any research projects we do are geared toward better management of big game species FOR HUNTERS. In this particular study we are trying to find out how many moose the Copper River Delta (not stinkin' Anchorage, are you with me on this?)can hold so that we can maximize population size and therefore harvest. If you think you can do a better job with less money, I'm all ears.
4) There are about 500 moose in the Anchorage bowl, and no predators except motor vehicles. They are not hunted anywhere in the bowl, thanks to your local, rabid anti's and hillside residents, typical urbanites who know nothing about hunting and game management. ADF&G has repeatedly pushed for a hunt in the bowl. If you're mad at the "fish cops" over that, you're barking up the wrong tree. When's the last time you went to a Board of Game meeting to support a proposal for an Anchorage hunt? I thought so.
5) If your response seems to have raised my ire, you are correct, sir. Maybe you should learn some facts about game management before you come after someone who does it for a living.

Page generated in 0.03278 seconds with 8 queries