View Single Post
Old May 19, 2010, 08:31 PM   #9
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peetzakilla
My uncle and I were hunting woodchucks.
We were standing near the center of a field using a round hay bale for cover. After a few minutes I saw a quite young whitetail fawn come out of the woods into the field, maybe 200 yards away. I thought for sure that it had seen us because it was staring in our direction non-stop. However, my uncle was looking the other way and soon enough a large doe was spotted standing on a knoll just outside the field. (We are now directly between the fawn and it's momma.)
After a minute or two the fawn made a beeline for it's mother, on a heading that was to take it less than 3 feet from the bale which we were behind. As I'm watching it run my uncles says "Watch this...." When that little fawn got just about parralel with us my uncle jumps out from behind the bale--- "YAAAARRRGHHH!!!" he yells.
Still to this day the funniest thing I have ever personally witnessed. A whitetail fawn can jump VERY high. It must have been 8 feet in the air, legs still sort of running but more like just flailing around.
It did regain composure and landed OK, continuing on to it's momma, where they both stood looking at us like we were the two most evil people on the planet. I have never laughed so hard in my life, I'm laughing even now as I type this and it's been probably 15 years.
Copied and pasted from a previous thread. Still makes me laugh to this day.

Page generated in 0.03594 seconds with 8 queries