View Single Post
Old October 18, 2008, 09:43 AM   #11
stephen426

Dwight,

I fully understand and agree that one is responsible for each and every round he fires. There is a difference between a spray and pray and being able to fire rapidly. While you may be taking your well aimed shot, a bad guy may be unloading his gun at you. Like I said, even off center hits will greatly hinder your ability to fight back. Besides, he could get luck and critically wound you with one of his shots.

The guy basically kept all of his shots on the target with maybe a few close misses.

I think I am just going to have to make time for IPSC or PPC. Shooting controlled fire while stationary at stationary targets has little to do with real world gun fights. I'm thinking paintball or even Airsoft might even be a better form of practice since you have to worry about getting hit as well. In paintball and airsoft, standing still to take a well aimed shot is usually suicide unless you are a sniper. Of course you can't go around spraying bullets like most guys spray paintballs/airsoft (unless you are in combat).

Last edited by stephen426; October 18, 2008 at 05:33 PM.

Page generated in 0.02631 seconds with 8 queries