View Single Post
Old April 20, 2005, 08:17 PM   #18
USP45usp

Unique 5.7: I didn't see where Fred insulted you but in this sentence, you did:
Quote:
If you didn't then you are either too dim or angry to continue this discussion.
No personal attacks allowed, by anyone, includeing Fred and I didn't see that. He attacked your agruement, not you. Please, if you felt he attacked you, post the attack in Quotes.

If you are talking about this
Quote:
Well if speaking plainly is rhetorical trickery, then I guess I'll take rhetorical trickery over liberal sophistry any day of the week. You should get out more often, you might find that there are quite a number of adults (you would call them rubes) that are quite capable of understanding plain talk and common sense.
I still don't see any attack upon you. He was just saying that via your agruement, he would rather err on the side of "trickery" then "liberal". He may have been calling you a liberal and if that offends you, then I'm sure that he will apologize, that is just the way that he is.

Mr. Wild makes for a better agruement
Quote:
When Streisand or Sarandon babble their nonsense and expect people to adhere to their message simply because they are "stars" I roll my eyes and consider that they are nothing but rich self indulgent numbskulls who think that becasue they are stars they mean something...

I cant understand the democrats who worship them.

When Nugent babbles his nonsense and expect people to adhere to his message simply because he is "stars" I roll my eyes and consider that he is nothing but a rich self indulgent numbskull whose message may resonate with me, but who isnt gonna oinfluence me one way or another simply becasue he plays a mean gitar....

The same guys worshipping Nugetn are the same ones decrying hollywood liberals. Other than the message, the source is the same.
I think he is saying that until the "masses" are told by someone "famous" (or infamous in my eyes), we, the People stay asleep and let them do the talking for us. Mr. Nugent is just saying what we've all thought but think that no one will listen unless it comes out of their mouths, not ours. That we are too scared to say the same things and just because someone puts forth the message that we've all wanted to, but didn't, then all of a sudden it "worship" of the person... why, just because he had the balls to say what you were afraid to say?

Of course, I may be wrong on all counts. Tis life, sometimes you're right, sometimes it's better to just go back to bed .

Wayne

Page generated in 0.02633 seconds with 8 queries