View Single Post
Old January 6, 2010, 02:49 PM   #14
J.Netto

Quote:
I don't live alone. My children do not sleep in my room at night, but in their own rooms.
Same situation here.

I have three small children, and our house is a split floor plan. Their bedrooms are on the other side of the house. I absolutely would not be able to "Barricade" myself in one room, and wait for help to arrive. At least not until I went and rounded everyone up.

Because I would have to try to get everyone, and get to a safer place in the house to hold up, I think a long gun for me is out of the question, as it would be too hard to wrangle three kids and a rifle or a shotgun.

Quote:
Chances are that whatever you start with, that's the one that will be in your hand when the fighting's done.
Agreed.

I carry a Glock 27 inside the house, and it goes with me where ever I go. I even have it when I'm sleeping. Other than that, I have a hand held light. I honestly don't think I would have time to access another weapon.

Once we were all in one location, ( time and situation permitting ), then I could see bringing a shotgun or rifle into play.

Page generated in 0.04802 seconds with 8 queries