View Single Post
Old February 18, 2002, 02:11 PM   #3
saands

George: Thanks for the advice ... it confirms my initial idea of how to proceed ... but its always nice to get some reaffirmation!

As for the BOSS clone ... I looked up Browning's patent to make sure that I understood the theory and then took some measurments off of their web site as well as off of an original and reverse engineered one. I'll attach a couple of pics. This first one is for a 243, so I didn't go for the brake (which makes it louder), although the 300WinMag project, also in the works, will have both the brake (for the range) and the non-brake (for the hunt) versions. I'll be making my first brake after I make the angled V-block tool to hold the brake body while I drill the 25 degree forward facing ports. The pic shows a 3-piece assembly with a simulated aluminum "barrel" (cut to have the basic profile of the threaded Rem700 takeoff) to hold the lock nut and the body together for storage. This was a VERY interesting project and gave me an introduction to the machining techniques I needed to learn for the rest of the project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boss1.jpg (72.9 KB, 27 views)

Page generated in 0.02424 seconds with 9 queries