View Single Post
Old February 9, 2014, 03:55 PM   #4
MarkGlazer

Your bullet type and weight will help you determine what you "should" use. Personally, I just began loading Ramshot Silhouette for my wifes' 9mm CZ 75 using a 115 grain lead cast bullet. It is finer powder compared to Titegroup, which has been my mainstay for the past year.

Two weeks ago we were on the range and I had 100 rounds of each loaded but did not tell the wife. Her first box was Titegroup and she shot well. When she shot Silhouette her grouping was tighter and nailed center mass consistently. Yesterday on the range I had nothing but Silhouette for her and she was 'ok' consistently hitting center mass but didn't feel too comfortable. I always load the median weight. I think I'll back it down by a tenth of a grain and see how she feels in our next outing. But over all, Silhouette has out performed Titegroup.

I also try to keep a common strategy in play, purchasing powders that I will be able to use for everything that I want to load for. It may sound limiting but it's a simple strategy that lets me buy in bulk once the powder becomes available.

Good luck.

Page generated in 0.02939 seconds with 8 queries