View Single Post
Old April 1, 2013, 10:13 PM   #69
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
None of the manuals have any info in them on the intervals that parts are recommended for replacement. I am willing to bet that if I go through the remaining owners manuals I have I will not find any info regarding intervals for the suggestion of replacing parts.
Perhaps that's true, but even if it is, that isn't evidence that there are no normal wear parts in firearms.

Glock, for example, recommends the replacement of recoil spring assemblies every 5000 rounds in the Gen4 Glock 22 pistols and every 2500 rounds in all other generations of Glock 22 pistols. That information is from the Gen 4 armorer's manual addendum. It is not found in the owner's manual, but that hardly makes it less true.

For what it's worth, the Caracal F owner's manual recommends replacing the recoil spring assembly every 10,000 rounds.

Unless we are to believe that all other pistol makers have somehow managed to create springs that last forever and only Glock and Caracal haven't broken the code, that might suggest that recoil springs are a normal wear part.

Page generated in 0.03308 seconds with 8 queries