View Single Post
Old November 14, 2012, 08:02 PM   #1
randyc74

Knowledgement and Empowerment is part of my job.

Today, I had a friend stop by my holster shop. She’s interested in purchasing her first handgun for home protection and a fun range gun. She had already spoke to other well meaning friends who gave their opinions on what would be best for her. I explained to her that firearm choice is a very personal thing and as long as she picks a handgun from the major manufactures, she will have a several quality handguns to choose from.

After explaining the pros and cons of 9mm, .40 cal. And .45 cal. she decided that 9mm would be her best choice because, as I explained, she can practice more with the cheaper cost of 9mm ammo. Also with today’s quality ammunition, the 9mm is a very formidable self-defense round. Next I let her handle several of my holster mold guns representing
Glock, S&W, Sig Sauer, HK, Colt, Springfield Armory, and Beretta.

She decided she liked the grip angle and natural pointing of Glock Pistols. She liked both the G19 and G17 9mm pistols but decided the G17 was her best bet with the slightly longer grip and increased magazine capacity.

She left my shop perhaps a little more knowledgeable and hopefully empowered to be able to walk up to a gun counter and make her own choice in picking the handgun that best works for her and meets her needs. As for me, there’s more to holster making then bending leather. It’s about my own love of the shooting sports and sharing it with others
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bulldo...2539637?ref=hl

Page generated in 0.03673 seconds with 8 queries