View Single Post
Old November 10, 2012, 08:43 PM   #10
bamaranger

see it

All the comments about light gathering and scope quality are +1. Let me add that one's got to be able to see the aiming point.

I am not yet sold on battery powered optics, but the new generation of high quality dots are pretty proven. If you don't mind a battery on your rifle.

The Trijicon post w/ the glow tip seems appealing and its "no battery'. I don't own one, but like the concept.

Before tritium and high tech dots, fat chunky reticles were applied in low light. The Leupold 6x42 is often thought of as a low light scope and often appears w/ a "medium" duplex, likely for that reason.

Taking that idea a step further, the big blocky German #1, not popular in the US with most folks, can really be seen in dim light. I've got a couple on various riflles and can attest to how easily seen the aiming point appears. I once read somewhere that the Germans developed the #1 for that reason, but can't really say for sure. Leupold can put a#1 in most of their scopes.

Last, any scope on a "package deal" is sold to a price point,and may suffice, but can likely be easliy exceeded in quality. The old addage of getting what you pay for applies double in optics.

Page generated in 0.02523 seconds with 8 queries