View Single Post
Old March 11, 2011, 11:35 AM   #20
Claddagh

I also have an Ishapore "Prison Musket" that I purchased a good many years back. It's marked: "G.R.I, 1944 and No.1 Mk.1" on the right side of the butt stock collar and ".410, R.F.I., 1948" on the left side. That last was one of the reasons that I ended up taking it home, as it's the year I was born. IIRC, I paid about $115 for it in what I'd consider to be VG overall condition.

It'd been chambered/rechambered for the 3" .410 cartridge, which was another reason. Being more of an accumulator of curiosae than a collector of historical artifacts I have little interest in putting even a very modest portion of my limited "discretionary" cash into something like this unless I know that I can easily find the ammo I'd need to actually go play with it. Juvenile of me, perhaps.

Out to about 25 yds. it patterns quite respectably with 2 1/2" and 3" buckshot and seems to especially favor Federal 3" #5 shot loads. I've actually taken it out after rabbits on a couple of occasions and done pretty well, although the novelty in toting a ca. 9+ lb. single-shot around for that can get old real fast at my age.

Page generated in 0.03065 seconds with 8 queries