View Single Post
Old January 16, 2011, 01:14 AM   #20
ndking1126

My take..

Accuracy.. could go either way, entry level rifles are more accurate than they have ever been. Probably the Savage will be more accurate out of the box. You can expect both to be well accurate enough for hunting.
Trigger.. I give this to Savage
Stock.. I give this to Remington, but it's close.
Barrel.. the extra 2" of the Remington will make the bullet have a higher muzzle velocity. For what you will do, however, there will be no noticeable advantage because both are plenty strong for killing deer and pigs. The extra 2" may make the gun feel front heavy and a little more awkward to shoulder in a hurry. (hunting pigs you sometimes have to whip it up there and make an accurate shot!!)
Upgradeability.. both rifle have a lot of aftermarket parts, but Remington probably has more. The Savage is easier to replace the barrel on your own if you ever want to/need to down the road. There are tons and tons of gunsmiths that work on Remingtons.

Both guns will serve you very well. You're best bet is to hold each one and see which fits you better. As mentioned, the stock and over all feel of the gun will be different, and will likely sway you one way or the other in your purchasing decisions.

Now.. buy one and give us a range report with pics! I've earned it with all this typing

Page generated in 0.02048 seconds with 8 queries