View Single Post
Old May 12, 2009, 07:34 PM   #11
Smokin' gun

Gee Smoking Gun--I'm loss for words here. We have a black powder shop called the "Smokin' Gun" I just entered it with no knowledge of any posters here. Do you want me to change my name? Anyway, thanks for the advise from all on hammer hand springs. But--the 1860 NAVY 36 has one crew on eithe side of the frame above the trigger screw that appears to support nothing except to allow lubrication. We have a bunch of C&B revolvers including 2 &3 generation colts. Again, I do not think oil should go in these parts unless you know of some special brand--because it is not strong enough for lubricating hot parts after firing many rounds and will not protect weak links like "hammer springs" I also do not use olive oil or any of that stuff---it's for cooking! I like the Thompsons breach plug grease for black powder and the T7 lube. But we got all kind of stuff. I guess it's like making chili--everyone knows the basic ingredients but like to do it their own way. Back to hammer hand springs---it is a weak link and the reason I like the 1860 Navy is because if you only field dress your gun you can at least remove those short screws for lubricating. I hate hammer hand springs breaking. Keep that stuff lubed! THanks again

Page generated in 0.02680 seconds with 8 queries