View Single Post
Old July 1, 2008, 11:58 AM   #3
TexasSeaRay

Our first line of defense has always been our Dobermans.

They'll hear and sense things long before we ever will, and we've learned to trust their ears and senses as an early first warning.

Quote:
I'm thinking of fortifying my bedrooms with steel studs and ballistic blankets in the walls (next house, though!) And I'd think I'd need some kind of bedside safe.
First off, if you seriously need this, then what you need is to move to a better neighborhood/city/country/planet. But if you only want this, then go ahead and budget for a black helicopter detector.

If you're simply wondering what constitutes being safe, I'm hear to tell you that it aint' tools--it's mental preparedness. A screwdriver does you know good if you neither know how to use it or are willing to use it. Everyone assumes and/or boasts that they'll use firearms or knives or clubs as a defense tool. Not everyone is able to back up their boasts.

A gun on the nightstand is absolutely useless if the hand is not able or willing to pick it up and use it. And you don't know if you're able or willing unless you take the necessary steps to ensure that you're mentally prepared for both the use of a weapon, and the after-effects of that use.

Jeff

So to those of you who are members of neither, thanks for nothing.

Last edited by TexasSeaRay; July 1, 2008 at 05:51 PM.

Page generated in 0.02204 seconds with 8 queries