View Single Post
Old December 11, 2002, 08:42 AM   #17
Pat Rogers
Member in memoriam

If you don't have a flattop, you could always use a gooseneck mount. This isn't optimum, but works.
Optics make life easier, and ensure the certainty of first round hits.
Hey, bring what ya' got!. But i will assure you that at the end of the week you will see things more clearly (no pun!)

The PMC that goes with the package is PMC, and is excellent training ammo. Stay away from Wolf.
Don't read books. view tapes etc.. Some of what is written and produced is good and some is not. In any event. the mind absorbs little from reading, a little more from seeing, and a lot from doing.
Come to class with an open mind, and don't burden yourself with stuff that may or may not be consistent with their doctrine. Afterwards you can look at different methods, once yo have a frame of reference.
The 223 is a Meet and Greet Your Carbine Class, The pistol is a secondary gun used if the primary goes down. There is some pistol work, but not much.
Your SS (an excellent choice!!) is a great carry holster, but not viable for class due to reholstering issues.
What kind of pistol? Gunsite will not permit an IWB/Glock with new shooters for obvious reasons.
The Mil hilster is OK, but flaps provide minimum protection and maximimum aggravation.
And i am underwhelmed with forbus.
If all you are doing is non serious work, anything is fine. If you are doing this for a living, only get what is going to stay yhe course.

Again- the carbine mag pouch is the Eagle DMP-FB-M16. either through Lightfighter .com or at Gunsite.
I would not use anything by blackhawk.
You can actually get away with no light for this class, as the night shoot has artificial illumination.
The only viable lights are SureFire. The M3 does not stay the course either.

My attitude towards gear is that it has to work and it has to be robust enough to work across the spectrum. If you are only going to use it as often as Haley's Comet passes in view of this island earth, buy any old thing.
But i see loads of crap delaminate on a regular basis.

Pat sends
www.eagtactical.com

Page generated in 0.02775 seconds with 8 queries