View Single Post
Old September 6, 2001, 01:37 AM   #1
HondoBWH

Help me date my "new' 1100

I just purchased a NIB Remington 1100 at a gunshop that I'm guessing is around 25 years old (the gunshop didn't know for sure). It is without a screw-in-choke, has the white diamond and lining on stock, has receiver and bolt etchings, and is order#5336, serial# N 489669V. Everything in the box was in perfect order as if it had never been assembled. The manual, safety booklet, gun description tag, and 3-shot plug were all there along with the cardboard packing ring for the magazine tube and the sheath of plastic bag that covered the butt of the stock. It's as if it was lost in a time warp!
I don't know if one can trace time of production to the serial number but I am quite curious as to the age of this shotgun. Also, is there anything I need to be concerned about before firing this gun since it has been lying in a box so long. I've given it an overall lubing but this is my first autoloader so I am wondering about the integrity of the seals and action (although they seem like new). I am new to this forum and seeking the good advice and knowledge from all you experienced folks out there!

Page generated in 0.02456 seconds with 8 queries