View Single Post
Old September 11, 2013, 06:55 AM   #25
grizz223

"b)Assuming you are the owner or have the owner's permission, you can carry a firearm any way you please as long as it isn't threatening another person"

Be careful with this. In Florida, you CANNOT give another person the right to conceal or open carry on your property. It has to be your home or place of business or property. There are exceptions like hunting, fishing, target shooting, taking the gun for repairs, testing for a gun company, etc. but in general you can't say "Oh, yeah man, it's good to open carry on my 100 acre plot of land where nobody will ever see us"

dakota.potts
Who told you that about Florida law? I have been a deputy for six years in the southwest part of the state never heard that one. If you could tell me what statute that's under I would appreciate it. I know around here if you have written permission to be on their property if you’re armed or not is up to that person whose property you’re on. This almost always involves hunting. But have never made an arrest if they have permission.

Page generated in 0.02980 seconds with 8 queries