View Single Post
Old July 10, 2012, 12:05 AM   #53
myshoulderissore

Ok, a couple points from me that I didn't see yet...

First off, my daily carry is a Rossi 357, in a Remora holster. It's basically a triangular(ish) pouch with sticky rubberized material on the outside, I just toss it in a pocket or my waistband and go. When I first got it, I checked for the ability to interact with the trigger while holstered. The Rossi is a DA/SA revolver, obviously carried DA, and with a heavy trigger pull, so I checked it in SA mode (empty) just to satisfy curiosity. I *could* set it off, but only with some SERIOUS force, and at the right angle, and from the right spot. Repeated my testing with a XDm, and I damn near tore the holster trying to set it off. No way in hell it could happen without shredding it, and even then, with the GLock/XD/M&P trigger, would still probably require a thoughtful pull through the demolished Remora. I don't know about other "pouch" style holsters, but it couldn't happen in mine...

Second, the mothers comments about why he needed a gun in his house. In a holster at my waist is one of the safest places for my pistol, in my house! I have kids, and while technically I trust the 2 older ones with guns, I don't test that theory. On me, I know it's not with them.

Also, that had to have been one helluva "hug", I am curious for more details... Which will probably never be released.

Page generated in 0.03828 seconds with 8 queries