View Single Post
Old August 2, 2009, 04:04 PM   #109
Smokin_Gun

Clembert it only took three 28gr loads of ffg 777 to knock out the wedge and shear of both locating pins on a pietta 1860 Army... I won't use it anymore, I jus' have a need to mention it so anyone that uses it knows to lighten up the loads 15% by volume or more. I only use the real thing and can't imagine why anyone prefers it over the real thing, Black Powder...BP is more consistant to load accurate stings and groups and BP bought in 10/lb lots is less than half the cost of 777 from Powder Inc... BP can be used safely with Lube pills or Wooly Wads lubed or not and 777 is ...Hogdon says noyt to do this as it could be hazardous... I am certain you have read this on their site but I'll say it for others to bennefit from.
I'd choos e pyrodex myself over 777 if I had no choice of BP.
I have done extensive testing with that one pound of 777 ffg I bought, no matter what i did from 10-25-50 and 75 yards 777 groups were larger or off the target and had misfires and Pfffts several times.
I'm not tellin' anyone not to use it, but why i don't like it or use it in C&B Revolvers.
Admin:http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php

Page generated in 0.03268 seconds with 8 queries