View Single Post
Old May 7, 2000, 08:51 AM   #3
jawper

Will Beararms,

Greetings. I own a Model 106 Minimalist. It is the same holster as the 105 but it mounts on the belt with snap loops instead of belt loops. Generally, it is perfectly well constructed and reasonably priced. I must say, however, that I do not find the design very appealing. I prefer designs which cover the muzzle of the weapon. The Minimalist invites wear and tear on the muzzle end of the pistol, esp. the front sight. More importantly, the elasticized retention strap basically blows. While offering no performance improvement over a traditional snap closed thumbreak, it is SIGNIFICANYTLY more difficult to engage and disengage. While there is nothing at all wrong with the construction of this holster, the design itself is responsible for this item finding its way to the bottom of my holster bin.

Hope it goes without saying that this is my individual opinion and YMMV.

Best of luck.

ps - I should point out that my traditional Shadow II (pancake three slot with thumbreak) is a very useful item. Given its relatively low price point in a world filled with Alessi and Rosen et al, it presents itself as the most attractive carry option more often than you might think.

------------------
Best,
- Jawper

Page generated in 0.02646 seconds with 8 queries