View Single Post
Old June 11, 2000, 08:56 AM   #5
jthuang

Yes, for social uses I prefer the F models over the G models.

The utility of the F model is that you can have one hand free and still have your light shining. The prototypical situation is if you've confronted a goblin in a low-light situation and you've got him at gunpoint. You pick up the phone to call the police -- but which hand to use? Use your non-dominant hand, your light goes out and goblin rushes you. Use your dominant hand, the goblin knows you cannot fire so he rushes you. Having a constant on/off switch solves this problem.

Also, consider if you need your light if you are using your non-dominant hand to open doors, guide non-combatants into your saferoom, etc. Makes sense to me.

Now the G models do have their utility. Much like the disable on your M500A, you can minimize the number of white-light ADs. But all Responders come with a metal blocker for the momentary switch, free of charge -- unlike the M500A. You peel off the adhesive and stick the metal blocker (which covers only part of the momentary switch) on the switch pad. Works rather well, although I've never tried one on a pump gun (my 617F Responder is on my Benelli).

Justin

Page generated in 0.02400 seconds with 8 queries