View Single Post
Old April 22, 2015, 12:10 PM   #113
andywizard

frankly,
I also got the lee case conditioning kit. It came with the Lee turret press kit that I am using... problems I ran into : 1.not buying recharging die, and double disk kit. They are parts used to assemble your powder measure. They obviously do not come with the kit and I racked my brain for about 10 min. trying to figure out how to assemble the powder measure on what "I thought" was the correct amount of parts.... 2. I bought CFE .223 powder with 55 gr. hornady v-max bullets. It took me a min to find the proper powder measures for this particular powder. It is fairly new and is not listed in the books. I currently run 25grains of powder behind the 55gr v-max....
Snuffy
[QUOTEIf you're referring to the primer pocket of a crimped military case, the ring left after decapping is handled by various methods. There are cutter tools made by several reloading companies the only cut that ring off the very outside edge of the pocket. Then there's several more that are used in the press to "swage" or press the brass ring out of the way so a new primer can easily be inserted. Then there's another 2 bench mounted tools, one by Dillon called the super swage, the other is made by RCBS, similar to the Dillon, but about 20% cheaper. After all of that, the simplest is to use the inside chamfer tool to cut that ring away, but it leaves an ugly chamfer on the pocket edge, AND removes some of the support of the primer.

That is exactly what I needed and im currently in the process of acquiring the Hornady Primer pocket reamer... I am reloading military surplus ammo and feel that it is diffently worth the purchase.... I sugest you do the same frankly. if you purchase once fired brass in bulk... you will most likely run across the same problem.

Page generated in 0.02804 seconds with 8 queries