View Single Post
Old November 14, 2013, 10:32 PM   #90
dakota.potts

Hey guys,
Six months later to the day I found this thread again while searching something else. It's funny to look back at how much you've learned over 6 months of practice.

I love my CZ 75 and I'm much more comfortable with it now. I bought snap caps and did my due diligence clicking and racking the slide while working on the technique from the cornered cat. Now I am not afraid to manhandle it at all. Doing dry fire practice today (aimed at a full 55 gallon water barrel for safety of course) I was doing draws as well as tap-rack drills with an empty magazine. The slide has gone from a struggle to being a very satisfying pull.

I'm not a big person either. At 110 lbs I have very little muscle on any part of me. To anyone who is struggling with a slide, know that in many issues it may not be a lack of strength. Practice with proper technique saw me through to where I need to be. I found much of it was a mental block because I was afraid of hurting myself or the gun. I had to reason that if 20,000 PSI knocking the barrel back won't hurt it, my best attempt won't either. As far as hurting myself, I did catch the meat of my hand a few times in the slide and locking the magazine in, but this was mostly technique.

I'm now dry firing daily in lieu of being able to get to the range as I hope to get into Steel Challenge shooting.

I'm also considering out there carry methods like Smart Carry because I love it so much I want to carry it too. I wear it in the house pretty much every day.

So, if you excuse the love note to an inanimate object, there might be an inspiring story out there for somebody

Thanks for the help and guidance everybody.

Page generated in 0.02445 seconds with 8 queries