View Single Post
Old April 5, 2013, 08:33 PM   #28
Mr. James

Had a funny experience with an oddly non-reactive target: a gallon Tropicana orange juice jug. My brother set it up on a hillside behind his house, and we proceeded to blaze away with my then-brand new SA 1911.

Nothing.

WTH?? We aren't that bad. Certainly, we aren't both that bad.

Okay, screw the .45; my brother unlimbers his Ruger Redhawk in .44 Magnum. We blaze away again, and, again, nothing. Okay, now we're downright mad. We stomp downrange (well, uprange, topographically speaking) to check out this damnable jug.

Turns out we'd shot the hell out of it, but there was so little resistance from the plastic, the jug just kind of sat there. The only way to make it dance was to hit it on the handle, which made it cartwheel off towards the tree line.

I love some of the ideas here. I'd forgotten about golf balls - they can be a hoot. Necco wafers and crackers will certainly be packed in the range bag!

"When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." —Frederic Bastiat

Page generated in 0.04485 seconds with 8 queries