View Single Post
Old December 31, 2012, 10:26 PM   #4
Lemmon

Benjamin 177.........

I have had both the Benjamin and the RWS. They are good pellet rifles with plenty of power to kill squirrels and other pest. I have killed crows with the Benjamin pumpup. With the Benjamin I have killed and eaten hundreds of squirrels. As a kid I worked for my Uncle as the clerk in a country store. Some times I would kill time by shooting the rocks in the dirt road by the old wood frame store. Pure entertainment. A ten year old may have trouble pumping up the Benjamin but it has the accuracy of a 22LR. It did not take long to build up strength to be able to pump it up in no time at all. I got mine at the age of 9 or 10 myself and it was my constant companion pretty much where ever I went. I recently had the old Benjamin rebuilt and it shoots with the same accuracy as it did when I was much younger. I do also have the Benjamins in the modern .177 and .22. Both are good but I always fall back to the Benjamin .177 as my caliber of choice. Cheap to shoot and being a single shot forces you to take time to make the first shot count.

The Benjamin is much lighter than the side crank RWS. The RWS is accurate but not as accurate off hand as the Benjamin.

Lemmon from Rural South Carolina

Page generated in 0.02496 seconds with 8 queries