View Single Post
Old September 11, 2010, 02:22 AM   #12
photoracer

Steel matches

Steel matches are probably the fastest growing part of the shooting arena. With Ruger assuming the sponsorship of the relatively new Ruger Rimfire Series which is an outgrowth of Steel Challenge, it becomes a more family friendly type of competition.
I've been a member of my club for several years in a minimum participation basis. However last year I decided to upgrade my level of competition and started shooting more of my clubs steel matches, including a few new rimfire only matches. This year I started traveling away from my club to shoot matches. So far this year I've shot 2 Steel Challenge events with one more to go and 1 Ruger Rimfire event with another still to go to. Plus the PSA Steel event and will shoot their new Multi-Gun rimfire event also.
Primarily I am shooting rimfire classes only but will start shooting more centerfire as I go along. I have 3 rimfire semi-auto pistols and one semi-auto rifle. With these 63 year old eyes I'm shooting primarily Rimfire Open/Optics with red dots. But now I've had a custom set of eyeglasses made that will help me shoot iron sights better. So the Ruger 22/45 I won down at the East Coast Regionals at Caswell Ranch will be currently dedicated to Rimfire Iron class although for 2 gun rimfire events like the Ruger Series I will continue to shoot Open. I was also among the shooters down there that had problems with their rifles, as I was in 2nd place in the Open pistol class after the first day. To bad also as the rifle stages I did not have troubles with I shot 2nd to 4th best times in.

Page generated in 0.03516 seconds with 8 queries