View Single Post
Old October 18, 2008, 10:20 AM   #21
Caeser2001

Quote:
Rubber slugs do work, but their use for self defense is iffy. They shouldn't be used unless lethal force is required, because they can easily kill at close ranges (though they're not as likely to as an actual lead slug), however if lethal force IS required they're less likely to effect a good stop. Cops use them for crowd control or for less-than-lethal applications, but they usually do it under very controlled circumstances and at an established distance to minimize the chance of killing someone.
while in the ao of camp bucca, Iraq, on the emergency reaction force, I can attest to the close range(5 yds) to 25 yard use. the slugs are accurate, headshots at 25 yards with a beadsight were not uncommon (leaves a little bruise) , rubber buck was used more often though and will leave a nasty wound at very close range, however that are called less lethal for a reason and I would never trust my life to these in a hd situation, short of a rubber buckshot to the face at 3 yards, I wouldn't consider these lethal at all judging by shots I have seen made during riots and forced extractions.

Page generated in 0.02940 seconds with 8 queries