View Single Post
Old November 30, 2018, 10:44 AM   #9
NoSecondBest

I've got a couple of closets full of different cold weather clothing I hardly use anymore. I have one suit that's a very cold weather suit and paid around five hundred bucks for it. I rarely wear it anymore. A few years back I discovered the peel and stick adhesive body warmers that can be put on your torso, hand warmers, and toe/foot warmers. This had to be a blow to the cold weather clothing manufacturers. These things stay warm all day long and work great. When I hunt in a ground blind I use a very small Mr. Heater propane heater and a one pound bottle lasts a full five and a half hours. By turning it on as needed it will get you through at least one full day and maybe two depending on the tempratures. I carry it and two bottles in a small bag that has a shoulder strap. I've shot a ton of deer out of various blinds (and even one ladder stand with a full cover) using this little heater. It will get it quite warm inside the blind. I still have my cold weather clothing, but like I said I've found some really good alternatives. The cheapest and most convenient by far are the little stick on heater patches that cost around a buck each.

Page generated in 0.03961 seconds with 8 queries