View Single Post
Old August 4, 2020, 09:15 AM   #35
reinert

I'm glad you found the Jim Owens book useful. I've got a copy, too, and found it helpful in my long range B.P.C.R. shooting using an iron tang sight arrangement. Do you have a .22 rimfire? Open sights on it? Some of the best practice you can ever do for yourself learning technique and consistency, shot to shot, will be using the .22 rimfire (IMO). It would be fun/interesting to "magically" see the pile of spent .22 cases I've fired through the past 60+ years of my shooting experience (and that's JUST .22rf, Ha!).

I can't imagine what it must be like to only be able to shoot indoors, and at only 25 yds. I live in Wyoming, and the opportunities I have at our local range, and the public land I can use, is virtually unlimited as to how close, or far away, I can shoot... and I never take that for granted, either.

I too have played with the idea of doing the appleseed program for the past couple of years, but haven't yet. It looks like a lot of fun, and I'm sure any shooter, novice or veteran, will enhance, glean and hone their shooting skills in being a participant. Again, it looks like a lot of fun, and with a .22rf! The covid-19 business has curtailed the program offerings in my area, so I don't believe I'll try it this year, but this is a cool site you can log into to try your skills from the appleseed folks. I downloaded the 15 yd. target and went out and shot it yesterday at our local range with my Ruger American RF (and a 4x Nikon rimfire scope), and shot a 37! I was elated! Fun! Dang near made Rifleman on the first (and only) try yesterday! You can do the same, fun, appleseed shoot too, by downloading any of their targets from this website. And since you're limited to a 25 yd. range, you'll have room to spare at a 15 yd. target. Hopefully you have a rimfire, and hopefully you have printer capability on your computer. Here's the site:

www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9833.0

Just follow down on the site trail until you see "refine your skills..." and print your target. I shot the second one down the list; 15 yds. FUN!

Page generated in 0.03536 seconds with 8 queries