View Single Post
Old January 17, 2019, 07:37 AM   #8
jar

You make lots of simply unsupported assertions.

The role of the firearm design has absolutely nothing to do with how much anyone practices and trains. Yes, they can be used at ten or even 15 yards, no one has said that they could not, but that is not the designers intended role when these small 380 were created.

I have had magazine problems with mags that had metal followers and in fact have several I am working on right now. So far I have seen no reasoning or evidence presented to show that modern polymer followers are in any way inferior to metal followers.

Like you, I prefer my Pico to the other three I own but only slightly when compared to the Remington and Smith and when compared to the LCP only because I prefer a true double action hammer cocked by the trigger firing system to a kinda double action where the hammer is cocked by slide recoil.

Yes, these small handguns are harder to shoot well than most larger handguns and so more experience, practice and training is needed, but personal preferences and physical characteristics are also factors. The super slim profile of the Pico makes it easier to conceal but it also makes it slightly more difficult to control than the fatter gripped higher textured grip on the Remington and Smith & Wesson. Texture is an asset when it comes to grip control and a liability when it comes to drawing a firearm from a pocket.

My Pico fully loaded (6+1) weighs 392.2g while the Remington RM380 in the same format weighs 458.5g, the Smith 404.8g and the LCP 347.9g. Weight is an asset when it comes to reducing felt recoil and a liability when it comes to carry-ability.

All of the small handguns we've discussed are well built. All are reliable. All perform equally. All can be purchased new at just below or just above $200.00 US. All hold 7 rounds as standard. Which is the better choice for someone depends far more on the individual than any differences in the firearm itself.

Page generated in 0.03326 seconds with 8 queries