View Single Post
Old June 12, 2015, 10:13 AM   #8
Machineguntony

This question is hard to answer. It's like asking, which is your favorite child? They're all awesome.

Speaking from a civilian/nonmilitary and purely recreational perspective...

I will say that everyone I have ever given an MP5 to has been very ecstatic about shooting the MP5. There seems to be universal love of the MP5. The MP5 is light and easy to hold, yet the recoil is amazingly soft (gun weight is very important for small statured shooters). Add a suppressor, and it's like shooting a BB gun.

Finally, the gun just looks cool. You see it in movies, you see the cops and SWAT using it, but in real life, you never ever see one, much less be able to handle one in real life. Then out of the case pops a selection of MP5s. To a person who has only seen an MP5 in the movies, it's like seeing a unicorn in real life. And when they get to shoot it, the soft shooting nature and controllability of the gun just makes the shooter fall in love with the gun.

I think if everybody got to shoot and handle an MP5, we might...MIGHT...have a chance to overturn the Hughes amendment. Most people just don't know what's been taken from them; and they must be shown what has been taken.

Belt feds...I love 'em, but they tend to look a bit scary to some people.

Page generated in 0.02265 seconds with 8 queries