View Single Post
Old June 23, 2013, 08:46 AM   #10
gman3

I really shot the crap out of mine, trying to make it malfunction. I shot it rapid fire with one hand, strong hand, weak hand, running and gunning. It didn't miss a beat. That was using hot ammo.

Didn't notice if the slide was hot, it didn't seem to be any warmer than any of my other pistols after the same type of usage. As I said, I love SIG's, have almost all of the older P series pistols, and love .45s, but I shoot the FNS-9 as well as any of them. As much as I want to not like it, I can't find a reason not to.

Its kind of like this, I really like my Snap On 9/16 wrench, but the Kobalt one that someone gave me works just as well, and works better for some things. It's a tool intended for a specific purpose. Maybe it does not have the brand recognition that others have, but it definitely works well.

There is one thing that I wish was different, but I know it's there because of the intended use for the pistol, the end of the grip is flared making the pistol kind of square on the end of the grip. Would probably cause it to print a little more if being used for a CCW pistol. Don't know because I don't carry that pistol as a CCW.

Here's the thing, when I leave the house, my family depends on the tools that I use when things get really bad, and really bad people have to be made to stop doing the things they are doing. I have had thousands of such encounters, some of them very, very scary. I carry the FNS-9 out the door every day with complete confidence that it will work when I need it to.

Page generated in 0.02600 seconds with 8 queries