View Single Post
Old February 24, 2007, 08:17 PM   #1
wicker

Turret press questions

I've been loading on a Lee Challenger Anni kit for a year now and I've been pretty happy with it. I've recently picked up .38 spcl and .40 S&W dies though. This mean more reloading and more time at the bench and I'm considering my options.

How much faster is a turret press than my single stage set up? I work in batches, sizing several hundred at a time. I don't change the dies unless it's to do quite a few rounds, making the most of my time. Is the turret any faster or just allowing me to work free of the batch method? How many rounds can I produce an hour?

Some of my dies are 4 dies sets and some 3 die sets. How does this work on a 4 hole turret? Is there a dead pull when you only have three dies?

I see Lee presses dirt cheap at gun shows all the time. Today I could have picked up a Lee press for ten bucks. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be easier to just have several single stage presses set up to quick mount to the bench as I'm a fabricator and could easily make quick change mounting blocks for my bench.

Your thoughts on which way to go would be appreciated.

Page generated in 0.03469 seconds with 8 queries