View Single Post
Old January 20, 2014, 10:12 AM   #18
Garycw

Empty chamber for safety - good idea or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by groverdill View Post
Since I'm still quite new to the world of guns, I have a question/comment about a thread I was reading over in the tactics and training section. There's a thread about concealed carrying in a condition 3 status (full mag, no round in chamber). Would carrying a revolver with no round in the.......umm, is there a term for the chamber that's next in line to fire??? Active chamber? Chamber #1? Danger hole of doom? Well, you folks probably know what I mean. Essentially you'd have to pull the trigger twice to fire. Would that be considered condition 3 for revolvers? And is there any good reason to do that? Thanks.

Mike
HUH?... Pull trigger twice to fire. I've never heard of the chamber on a revolver"hole of doom" to the left of hammer empty. Some old school train of thought was a empty chamber directly if front of hammer empty incase dropped on hammer. It's really not necessary in modern revolvers. But never the chamber to the left requiring two shots to fire. In a SD situation you would either 1. Be dead or 2. Two shoot the guy while he's laughing. Would the train of thought be that if your gun was taken away you'd have an extra cpl seconds to live? Personally if someone pointed a revolver at me and it clicked on first round, they'd be eating it before the second attempt.

Edit:> that would be to the right.

Last edited by Garycw; January 20, 2014 at 07:47 PM.

Page generated in 0.07522 seconds with 8 queries