View Single Post
Old July 12, 2006, 03:44 PM   #11
castnblast

1+ on the hornady manual... Excellent source. I have one (volume 1 & 2) in that manual they suggest IMR 4064. I cross referrenced other manuals, and went to the IMR website. www.imrpowder.com and got their reload data. One thing to keep in mind with the Hornaday Manual, they only list the bullets they manufacture. There are others out there. BUT... EXCELLENT source of info. It has illustrations of the process as well so you can visualize. I'm just finished working up my test group. As soon as the wind lets up, I'm going to fire them. That brings up another item...load groups of 4 or 5 and increase your powder charge in .25 or .5 gr. incriments. (I do .5 w/ first set, find the top 3, and work up another set .25+ and .25-gr. below to find the optimum load. Make sure you get a micrometer. Case over all length is ultra critical...Read the manual and it expains that further. Send a message to me, I'll be glad to help you if you have technical questions. If I can't answer them, I'll tell you, and we'll post a thread. We'll get an answer.

Good luck!

Page generated in 0.02393 seconds with 8 queries