View Single Post
Old September 1, 2011, 08:43 AM   #4
carguychris

Quote:
This came even though, in court, it was proven the gun was made before the NFA went into effect and it was supposedly therefore exempt... Don't say "they can't do that". They did do that.
+1. I would recommend reposting this thread on the "NFA Guns & Gear" subforum and asking how this gun's potential NFA status affects its transferability.

I will admit that I am largely ignorant regarding NFA regulations, but my basic understanding is that the gun could be exempt IF it is all-original. The problem is the big fat "IF".

Reread what I wrote earlier about burden of proof. Let it sink in. Mull it over for a little while. Do you know the gun is pre-1899 and all-original? How? What do you really know about the gun's provenance, and can you prove it beyond a reasonable doubt?

This would not be nearly as thorny of an issue without the potential NFA question. When it comes to NFA items, the Feds don't play around.

Page generated in 0.02290 seconds with 8 queries