View Single Post
Old February 12, 2020, 12:00 PM   #144
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famas
In the past two days, I've seen two articles on sweeping gun control bills being pushed in the states of Arizona and Utah as well. I can't believe this is happening.
I don't mean or intend to be disrespectful, but there has been a LOT of discussion on all the "gun" boards ever since Trump was elected to the effect that the anti-gun forces were shifting their emphasis from trying for a federal ban to going after the individual states. It was predicted, it was a logical expectation, and now we see it happening. You should not be surprised.

We should not be surprised. It's a not-very-subtle hint that we cannot be complacent, no matter what state we live it. If Bloomberg's millions of $$$ haven't reached your state yet, ... stay tuned. It's coming soon to a state near you, so be prepared for when (not if) your state legislature proposes similar legislation.

And pay attention to details. A few years ago the post-Sandy Hook laws enacted in New York and Connecticut were considered "draconian." But ... Connecticut grandfathered currently-owned "assault weapons" as long as the owners registered them. The registration was free, and a one-time requirement. Now look at Arizona, of all places. They want to charge for the registration, require a new background check, and repeat the registration AND THE BACKGROUND CHECK annually.

Talk about creeping incrementalism! You can almost read their minds: "We got this much in Connecticut and New York, so let's see how much more we can get in [____]."
Jeepaholic

Page generated in 0.02411 seconds with 8 queries