Thread: My Yearly Ruger
View Single Post
Old December 13, 2012, 03:57 PM   #3
jimbob86

No beating necessary.

Quote:
Like everyone else who owns one, I had a really tough time breaking it down and getting it back together. I do not enjoy banging any of my guns with mallets and cringed with each blow.
Mallets are unnecessary: After you remove the bolt, place a small piece of wood (so as not to dent your chair) on your chair between your thighs. Grasp the grip bass-ackwards with your strong hand, the barrel in your weak hand, and place the rear of the reciever on the wood (with the barrel pointing up), and press down with your strong side hand ....locking the elbow helps. The grip frame will pop right off of there.

To replace the grip frame, put the muzzle on the wood, with the rear of the reciever pointing up, grasp the grip frame the right way (as opposed to bass-ackwards), putting the square lug in the recess on the reciever, and press down. It will pop right onto there.

The hardest part I had with mine was getting the hammer to go forward (gotta have the mag in) on reassembly. That whole "Put the mag in, take the mag out Hokey-Pokey was a real PITA.....

Page generated in 0.03157 seconds with 8 queries