Thread: Cabela's sale
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2012, 09:10 PM   #3
arcticap

I went to Cabela's yesterday and placed a 5.5 inch Remington C&B revolver on lay-a-way.
They had at least 4 or 5 of them in stock so I asked the sales person to let me check the trigger of a new one from the box before buying it.
The triggers on the first 2 revolvers that I checked weren't acceptable because of too much gritty creep and slack. Even the sales person acknowledged that those triggers needed some work.
The trigger pull of the 3rd one that I examined was a tad heavy but it had a very crisp let off so I put a deposit on it.
The sales person did acknowledge that their black powder guns are generally not returnable like all of their other products are.
There was a thread on TheHighRoad on April 4th, 2012 about how Cabela's refused to allow the return of a defective muzzle loading rifle. So it's possible that some folks will not be able to return a revolver simply because they're not happy with the quality of it as it comes out of the box.
Here's the thread:

Y'all learn from my mistake

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthrea...light=customer

If there's folks who have tried to return their revolvers back to Cabela's since April 4, 2012, then I'd like to hear more info. about their experience. I feel fortunate to have been able to check the gun out first before buying it. But I know that probably won't be the case for everyone else.

Last edited by arcticap; May 20, 2012 at 06:21 AM.

Page generated in 0.03392 seconds with 8 queries