View Single Post
Old March 8, 2008, 05:29 PM   #69
SAWBONES

Quote:
"No, one carries a weapon to defend their life. They presume if they do one day need it, then it should be as effective as practical."
Say rather that it should have an acceptably-optimal balance of potential terminal ballistic effectiveness, ease of use, comfort and concealability for the individual, and that there may be a range of acceptable choices.
People won't agree on what constitutes that acceptably-optimal balance, and each man must find those CCW choices which meet his perceived needs.

Though I prefer a 1911 in .45ACP, I'm often found carrying a S&W 649 snubby loaded with 158gr+P LSWCHPs because its lighter weight and concealability may trump the heavier weight and better ballistics of the 1911 enough to make it the favored choice at some times and places.
My range of acceptable CCW choices, in terms of ballistic effectiveness, weapon size and weight, doesn't go below a .38 Special snubby plus a speedloader, or above a full size 1911 with two spare mags, though I realize some have broader limits than mine.

Page generated in 0.03476 seconds with 9 queries