View Single Post
Old May 17, 2005, 08:45 PM   #13
IZHUMINTER

In the time-between-the-snows, I keep a 200 piece Craftsman tool set with a couple of extra 8-inch crescent wrenches and vice grips, 20' jumper cables, a couple of multi-tools, wet weather gear, a set or two of sweats (never know when you'll need get you or someone else out of wet clothes) a poncho and poncho liner and a couple hundred feet of parachute cord. If I'm going on a trip (more than 200 miles or so) I throw in a box or two of chemlights, a few big freaking knives and an Army combat lifesaver bag with tourniquets, IVs, bandages, etc.

When there's white stuff on the ground, I add a two man tent, a complete Army sleeping bag system (or two if traveling with a companion) a box of MREs and an ammo can with two propane bottles, a stove head, a lantern head, a coffee pot, coffee, tea, boullion and wooden matches.

All of the fair weather stuff sits under my cargo cover next to the spare, and most of the foul weather stuff fits nicely in the back out of the way.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water: A Gulf Stream Letter

Last edited by IZHUMINTER; May 17, 2005 at 10:04 PM. Reason: forgot I had jumper cables in there too

Page generated in 0.02708 seconds with 8 queries