View Single Post
Old July 15, 2019, 12:25 PM   #53
Warhammer

LE uses Flite Control because they are much more likely to engage a target at distances greater than we would in an in-home, self defense scenario. I agree with the several other who feel that Flite Control rounds for the purposes discussed in this thread are not the best match. The longest shot I could make inside my home is 33 feet, and that's with my back against a wall and the target literally standing on the threshold of my front door.

My choice is a reduced recoil 00 buckshot like Fiocchi LE (9 pellets @ 1150 fps) or #4 buckshot like Remington Ultimate Defense (21 pellets @ 1200 fps) fired from my 14" barreled, cylinder bore Shockwave with a pistol brace added for stability. (I practiced a bit with the Shockwave in it's original configuration, and muscle memory kept making me want to shoulder it's non-existent stock, lol.) At under 35 ft, the loss of 200 fps concerns me less that the ability to get a faster follow-up shot on target. And at such a short distance, I don't want any special wadding to hold the pattern any tighter than it will be already.

Page generated in 0.02421 seconds with 8 queries