View Single Post
Old March 19, 2017, 03:30 PM   #1
john.h.ortego

Stoeger sxs muzzle brake?

So a few weeks ago my dad and I and my friend went to a fundraiser skeet shoot for a lady in our hometown to help defray medical costs for an accident she was involved in.
It was a 100 round course, plus the warm up games we played, so just short of 150 rounds each.

On top of that, my dads wingmaster 870 had a mechanical failure so that means we ran about 300 rounds through my stoeger double barrel. At that many rounds not only is it now broken in, but by the end of it neither of us wanted to shoot it, since it was as my dad put it, "like shooting with a 4x4" (timber).

So the question I'm leading into is, are there muzzle brakes available for my shotgun, which has screw-in chokes, to help mitigate some of the recoil. I've seen the brakes on other (admittedly very high end) double barrels. I've done a little research but I haven't seen anything discussing if stoeger barrel threads are different than other brands.

I plan to put a recoil reducing pad on the butt if these competition shoots become a regular thing for my dad and I. I only have the one shotgun so using something else for skeet shooting is out. Here's a picture of my baby for the long-winded post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.02940 seconds with 8 queries