View Single Post
Old December 26, 2005, 03:20 PM   #12
USP45usp

Mal,

Since the thread now is directed more at myself than at the one that started it.

I forgot the when I posted the original post that I've edited. But I will say that I took the response from TBM wrongly. Bunny is/was just a fun thing to do and his response to psycho nut was, well, a double standard. If I were to have made such a response, I would be called on it for basically belittling a member for his or her choice of a signature. And just because it was catching on, that somehow it was stupid and only those that are stupid would have put that into their signature.

Maybe Dave was having a bad day, maybe he really hates that Bunny, I don't know, but the response upon a simple request was abet extreme IMHO.

He could have just said, "We don't use aviators on the board because we find them too distracting to the key issue of The Firing Line which is to promote self, responsible, gun ownership and provide a place where those that have the same hobby can get together and socialize". Not that anyone who wishes to have such things are basically stupid and are morons for basically asking if we could use an aviator.

I'm going to write this one off as Dave was/is having a bad day. Frustrated with everything, life isn't going as expected, etc..

But I am willing to bet that if I would have made that post, with the same "tone" as it was made, that you and other Staff would have PM'd me about it.

It may only be perception, but that's all it takes for one to be hurt or offended by another. We're told not to do so, why can others do so and get away with it?

As for 2006, as long as I am allowed, I will continue to speak my mind, minding the forum rules, using the back space (think twice, post once) and I hope that I can be allowed to continue the great debates and conversations that this board offers.

I have no idea why some of the Staff seem to have it out for myself, as well as others, and I don't really want to know. I've been on the boards for over ten years now and have most likely gained many friends whom I haven't had the pleasure, as well as many enemies. That is life. We cannot please everyone all the time, and there will always be personality conflicts no matter where you go. All I can do is be myself, respond from the heart and from the brain, and try to back up what I post or to acknowledge when I am wrong. That's all I can do and all I wish to do.

As long as I'm allowed to be a member, I will do my best to help when I can, contribute when I am able, and to be Wayne and do it in the style that I have always done. I can't change my style of thought or the way I present myself, and if it is one that is not welcomed, then please, tell me.

The only reason that I responded to this thread is the fact that I thought it was condescending to psycho nut. If that was wrong, then please PM me and I will then make up my own mind. But that was only my humble opinion and what I read. I may well be wrong in my assessment, I am only human and I make mistakes.

Wayne

Page generated in 0.02762 seconds with 8 queries